Friday, August 23, 2013

Yet Another "Another Hat"

Lisa liked Nora's 'Another Hat' (see previous post), so I offered to make one for her. She gave me a ball of yarn that she brought home from England last year -- King Cole brand, Riot. This hat is knitted at a finer gauge, since the yarn is not as thick as the Malabrigo Rio.  It striped up beautifully, don't you think?

This was inspired by a hat in a book, but I have changed it enough that I think I could claim it was my own pattern. I added the earflaps, changed the geometry of the crown, and also changed the striped pattern.  The stripes are made with stockinette rows alternated with reverse stockinette rows, so the reverse stockinette rows stick out, making those ridged stripes.

I like it so well, I would like to make a sweater with this detail at the collar and cuffs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment