Thursday, January 19, 2012

Plaids and Stripes


 I have had this quilt partially finished for so long, I don't remember when I started it. At this point, I estimate that it was around 1990, because it was inspired by Roberta Horton's Plaids and Stripes. I pieced it and did most of the quilting, and then let the quilt languish around the sewing room for about twenty years. Why I never finished it, I just don't know. I like it a lot. The blues are the indigo blues that I like so much, and I am fond of the rust color, too. So here is the quilt, and a detail of the blocks.

It is hand quilted, but machine pieced.

I think that I started with eight fat eights of a line of Roberta Horton plaids and stripes, then filled in with fabris that I had on hand.



Now I can check off one Unfinished Project that has been completed in 2012


Nora urged me to start labelling my quilts, so that in the future she will know which ones I made, and which ones my grandmother made.

No comments:

Post a Comment