Thursday, January 9, 2014

Slippers

I knit two pairs of slippers for Nora this month. The red pair (to the right), and the purple and green (below).  I have been knitting this particular pattern since I was in the fourth grade, which was, um, fifty years ago. The pattern is way older than that, probably older than I am. But I don't know where the pattern is anymore because after knitting dozens of pairs (I once knit a basketful for my friend who wanted everyone to take their shoes off when they came in the house...), I have memorized the pattern.

It is knit on size 8 straight needles, my favorite 10" size, with doubled worsted weight yarn. I estimated that they take a total of 3 hours a pair, but only if you don't count the time it takes to fiddle around with the pom-poms.

No comments:

Post a Comment